Re: Topband: Antenna Noise canceller

To: "160m Reflector" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna Noise canceller
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:00:03 -0800
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 18:42:03 -0000, Josep wrote:

>I would like to hear from people using this device specially on
>160m, with the pros and cons.

The biggest con is that it is a NASTY key click generator. Problem
is in the detection circuit that samples transmitted RF to control
switching from transmit to receive. I learned the hard way -- good
friend and neighbor K6XX threatened to stick pins in all my coax
if I continued to use it!  He wouldn't have done that, really, but
as soon as we diagnosed the reason for my clicks 1 kHz up and down
the band, I pulled it out of line.

73,

Jim K9YC