Topband: JA's heard LP Monday

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: JA's heard LP Monday
From: Paul Kelley N1BUG <paul.kelley.n1bug@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 07:53:53 -0500
I hate to use the term "long path" because I'm not sure what path
these signals really take. In any case, I was able to copy four JA
stations working Europe between 2140 and 2150z December 10. Signals
were mostly 449 from the southeast and had a fluttery/warbling sound
characteristic of aurora.

Somewhat surprisingly, P43JB had the aurora-like warble affect when
he appeared on the band, but Europe and locals had no trace of it.

Between approximately 2200 - 2300z, propagation to Europe was
enhanced with some of the strongest signals of the season so far.
After that it fell apart and signals from Europe were weaker than
normal. EY7AF and UK8DAN were somewhat readable for a while - about
339 with surprisingly little QSB.

73,
Paul N1BUG