Topband: de n7dd

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: de n7dd
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 04:45:06 -0800 (PST)
I never know what my score
really is.  I just send in the log and let them worry about it.

  BINGO... Thanks for saying what I have been thinking these past weeks as I
have been reading the microdissections of how this geographic area is this
country, but that call is not, etc...  I have neither the time nor the energy
to become an expert on DX listings - and the bad part is that they change
according to the various contest comittees...
  I noted in reviewing the ARRL rules for the 160 contest that the contest
director commented that 'we' need to score the log correctly because 'they' did
not want to be re-scoring logs - 'uuuh, well then what is the function of the
contest committee? '

  I almost didn't submit a log after reading that... I use N1MM Logger and the
latest <I hope> WL-CTY...  Whatever that program comes up with is what I submit
as my score... I have no way of knowing how good, or how bad, it is in doing
the scoring..

denny / k8do