Topband: Question: tower drop wire(s) use as a vertical element

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Question: tower drop wire(s) use as a vertical element
From: "Rick Hiller" <rhiller@sdicgm.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 11:04:14 -0600
Hello,

Developing a 160 meter vertical design for a small, restricted space city
lot.

Situation:  35 foot Rohn tower with a fiberglass mast out the top that gets
it to 50 feet. (Supports my 40/80 meter delta loop)

Can anyone, please, point me to any article(s) or archived topband threads
that address:

            a single drop wire - versus - multiple drop wires configured as
a cage around the tower.

                -or-

            notes on grounded tower influence on a near field active element

Note: I am NOT loading the tower/mast...just using it for a support for the
loaded vertical element.

Thank you for the help and regards...Rick - W5RH

W5RH -- STX -- Harris County -- Texas