Re: Topband: Elevated Radial Efficiency - an inordinately long post

To: shr@swtexas.net, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Elevated Radial Efficiency - an inordinately long post
From: w2pm@aol.com
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 08:15:37 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
To: Topband@contesting.com
Sent: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 8:27 pm
Subject: Re: Topband: Elevated Radial Efficiency - an inordinately long
post

>>>I am reluctant to characterize Dave's extensive results over many,
> many months of testing although I have visited with him and looked
> at his arrays.  The best I can do is to encourage him to make his
> tests public.  And I know that he is very happy with his choice and
> the performance of his two arrays.

>  --John  W0UN

W2PM Writes:

Aside from efficiency, I've always seen far more re-radiated noise from
elevated ground planes impacting weak signals on receive. With a
balanced, symetrical ground plane that theoretically shouldn't happen I
suppose but I've seen it here and going to ground radials made a
significant difference on the receive side.

Pete W2PM