Re: Topband: 160-Meter Propagation Mysteries

To: zl3ix@inet.net.nz, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160-Meter Propagation Mysteries
From: Gedking@aol.com
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 18:55:11 EST
Propagation depends on lots of variables. the number of hops, what the
conditions are on the first hop from the xmiting station. The xmiting  station
can
have a different number of hops than the receiving  station, some signals can
bounce around in between layers before being  dumped out. I think there is a
multitude of reasons. we experienced  the phenomenon on some of our Teletype
links in the service (Signal Corp  1954-55).
ED K8OT