Topband: Temporary Beverage?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Temporary Beverage?
From: Martin <dm4im@gdxf.de>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 17:35:54 +0100
Topbanders,
a few weeks ago i asked you for comments on a Gap Voyager, but then
decided to shunt feed the tower and not to use the Gap for 160m.
Well, we had a lot of fun with the shunt fed tower in the cq-ww-ssb.
I believe we were well heard stateside, but the rx-preformance was so so.
Now we are preparing for the cq-ww-cw-contest.
We have a lot of space in all directions (farmland), so we are planning
to set up a north-north-west beverage. Just to start with and learn.
Unfortunately, the space outside our lot is not our own, so we have to
remove the bev after the contest.

Please see

www.dl0wh.de

and click on GOOGLE MAPS.
The green arrow marks our lot. The dark green trees you can see
determine the size of our lot. You see a narrow road running abt.
315degrees <> 135degrees. Along the road there are 5 telephone poles, #1
is at the west-corner of our lot, #5 is where the road bends north-east,
distance abt 240 mtrs.
We plan to use these poles as support for the beverage.

The poles carry the telephone line.
There is an electric fence parallel to the poles only abt. 1m away, 1m
high.

We will ask the farmer to switch the fence off for the contest.

What can we expect from a , say, 200m long beverage on 80m & 160m (315deg)?
Will the phoneline and/or the fence affect the performance?

Any comments welcome.

  Martin

--
73, DM4iM