Topband: V8 on Top Band

To: Top Band List List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: V8 on Top Band
From: wb6rse1@mac.com
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 09:21:53 -0700
Flo, F5CWU, along with PA3EWP and GM4FDM plan to be QRV on 160 from
V8 Nov 4-18.

Update from Flo below.

GL All - 73 Steve WB6RSE

"We are preparing everything and all seems ok. There was a huge
problem with transport for the titanex and amplifier but finally we
solved the problem (with support). We'll be on 160/80 everyday with
at least one station. We hope to put a 80 & 160 station on at the
same time but it will depend on QRM. The field there is not very
large and maybe we'll get interference between those 2 bands.

We are bringing my 4 square for 40m too (the one we used on VU7) and
RTTY activity will be important. All 3 ops are CW/SSB/RTTY so it'll
be quite effective I guess. We'll see how the propagation will help us."