Topband: INVERTD L Reactance

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: INVERTD L Reactance
From: n9bx@mchsi.com
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:14:45 +0000
From their I have run 66 #14 THHN ground Radials out in a symetrical pattern
for about 70 feet.  The vertical Part is not in contact with any trees or
vegitation until it changes direction for the horizantal run.  My SWR is 1:3 to
1 when fed with 50 OHM coax, and when I use an antenna analyser it reads about
55 OHMS.

My question is this,  does an inverted L have a higher reactance value than the
typical 36-39 OHMS that a vertical has?  Or must I continue to Add readial to
the Ground.  I can still put down more of the 70 footers but I can also put
down about 20 that are 1/4 Wave length long.  I hear well but for some reason
no one hears me.  This is with 1.5KW to the Antenna.  Any help would be
appreciated before the snow Flies.

Bruce N9BX 73