Topband: Noise from Control Voltage on K9AY Loop

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Noise from Control Voltage on K9AY Loop
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 16:32:03 -0400
Happy to report a cure for my problem, thanks to N4GG (thanks as well to
everyone else who offered suggestions).

The magic turned out to be an added RF choke at thre antenna end between
the relays and the RF path - all I had was 100 uH, but it did the trick,
even on 160.  Directivity appears to be as advertised - a broad front lobe
and a fairly deep null to the rear.  It is a lot quieter than my
transmitting vertical on 160, but it remains to be seen how well it will
hear DX... once the sun sets!

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
Full details on 3300 contest stations