Topband: Strange signals coming in from the north (Boring Report)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Strange signals coming in from the north (Boring Report)
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:58:20 -0700
Last night - I tuned in a signal around 1827.4 khZ that was coming in from
the north.  This signal sounded a little unstable - and had a bit of chirp
on it.  I sometimes hear this characteristic I hear on signals coming from
the southeast (with callsigns starting with the letters "CO") - but this
callsign started with "SM".

You know you have a good opening to Europe when the station you are working
sends "Hammarlund TX50" and you copy it the first time.

Our detective found the offending transmitter and snapped this picture of
the station and operator.

http://www.kkn.net/~tree/160/SM5EDX_2.JPG

Maybe someone on this list knows who it is and can take appropriate actions.

In other news - about 10 Europeans made it into the Boring log - with some
fantastic signals on QSB peaks.  This comes after three weeks of horrible
conditions after the initial spurt almost a month ago.

Hoping the good conditions hold up for the warm-up Stew on Oct 20/21st.

http://web.jzap.com/k7rat/stew.html

73 Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net