Topband: Control Box

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Control Box
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 18:02:39 -0500
Greetings all:

For all of you experienced antenna builders, please offer a bit of
advice to this almost rookie.  When building a control box for
something like a 4 square, or similar, do you old hands use open
frame relays, or coaxial relays?  I could likely round up open frame,
reed, or coaxial relays for this purpose.

When building my K9AY control box, I used surplus military 28 volt
sealed, non coaxial relays, but that system is not phase critical.

What say ye old wise ones?

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/