Re: Topband: early westcoast -EU prop

To: "Dr. Wolf Ostwald" <df2py@t-online.de>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: early westcoast -EU prop
From: "jhsimon" <jhsimon@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2007 19:11:57 -0700
Wolf.

Last night fortuitously was the first time this season I listened on 160, and
was surprised to hear you coming through so nicely on my half-sloper (that's my
only 160 meter antenna and I have no beverages for listening), There was a lot
of rain static here in NW Washington, as it was uncharacteristically rainy for
summer here, so that complicated matters. A few minutes after we worked, you
were peaking s-9, but then dropped down in strength fairly quickly as your
sunrise occurred. Yours was the only EU signal I was hearing during my brief
listen on the band.

Here's hoping for an excellent season on Top Band.

73,
Jim  W1YY/7
Kingston, WA