Re: Topband: RG-6 & Connectors

To: "Top Band" <topband@contesting.com>,"Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6 & Connectors
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 11:54:34 -0500

> Good Morning All:
>
> Much to my happy surprise, 800 feet of Commscope F660BV 75 ohm coax
> arrived on my door step yesterday.  I have searched all of the
> Commscope data I can find on the internet, and find nothing about the
> correct connector(Type F) to use on it.  Can someone please help me
> to understand this?   I know there are various types of coax with
> various levels of braid.  Do all connectors fit all levels of
> braid?  If not, what fits what?
>
> I would prefer to use Type F connectors due to the cost saving.  If
> necessary I would use BNC.

Mike:

I have never heard of any RG6 cable that takes special "F" connectors.
You can buy some very nice waterproof  F connectors for RG6 on eBay.
One important thing is to get a good crimping tool. Our friends at
have a nice one that makes a real professional six-sided crimp.

F connectors for RG59 will not fit RG6.

Also one can buy 1000ft of RG6 for US$50.00 post paid to your door.

73....Price    WØRI