Topband: Beverages under Power Lines

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Beverages under Power Lines
From: "Wolfert, William R." <WWolfert@columbuspolice.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:02:36 -0400
Gentlemen

Does anyone have experience with beverages terminating beneath electric
power lines? The electric service runs N/S on the east side of my
property. The property width is 360' so the beverages will, therefore,
be short. The EU antenna will be about 465' IF I terminate it at the
property edge, and almost directly under the electric service line. I'm
referring to those antennas that are somewhat perpendicular to the power
lines. I thought of just terminating them 50-60' from the lines,
however, 60' is a lot when the antenna is not so long. What say ye all?

73, Bill WR8K