Re: Topband: rigs for top band

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Bill Tippett" <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Subject: Re: Topband: rigs for top band
From: "Harold Smith" <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 11:58:41 -0500
Good day Bill:

I there are some real fine transceivers that will do a good job.
Don't forget, there are not many on 160 that can hear the  sun come up.
Merv K9FD could when he lived across the river from here.

I have been using a FT-1000D, with Tom's (W8JI) mods and also
a Kenwood TS-950SD for about 15 years and I can see no reason
to replace either one at this time. The FT-1000 is used most of the time on
CW.

Either one can be obtained at a fraction of their original cost on eBay.

In a few months or so, I believe that I will give the K3 a try. Something
to play with.

73........Price WØRI