Re: Topband: 160M_AC_BUZZ

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M_AC_BUZZ
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:33:37 -0500
Lots of people have line noise horror stories to relate.  My line noise
story is more encouraging.

I had a bad AC hum appear on 160 last fall, out of nowhere.  I located the
source, called the power company and they fixed it within 24 hours.  The guy
in the truck gave me his personal cell number and said "just call me
directly next time, don't bother calling dispatch."

My secrets:

1. Being able to intelligently locate the noise source
2. Being businesslike in my dealings with the AC professionals

Of course, YMMV.  I understand I could just be very lucky.

Mark, N5OT