Re: Topband: CSVHF Conference Discussions

To: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: CSVHF Conference Discussions
From: Robert McGwier <rwmcgwier@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:24:02 -0400
Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) wrote:
> Good Morning All:
>
> My bride & I returned home yesterday from the Central States VHF
> Society Conference in San Antonio. Great conference. Of course, all
> of the formal presentations were about 6 meters & up.  However, there
> were numerous discussions about HF, and the only subject for any of
> them was 160 Meters. Everywhere I sat in on a discussion, 160 meters
> would pop-up or the discussion was already in progress.  It
> demonstrates an interesting relationship among the technically
> oriented group that wants to do more than buy a rig and connect it to
> a simple antenna.
>
> 73,
> Mike, W5UC

Amen to all of that.   I get on contests from multi's, I operated N2NT
to a top ten, and I like contesting, but I do not care about any other
band on HF but 160.  When I started my first serious multi multi after
my childhood years (official, I am accused of never having grown up) I
volunteered to be the 160 operator at N2RM.  I am in heaven being able
to operate (when my ridiculous work schedule allows) at the General's
house (W2GD at Tuckerton).  I have just about driven Gerald Youngblood
crazy with my never ending prodding about providing for external receive
antennas, higher performance front ends,  good performance with a preamp
when hooked to the receiver antenna ports, good performance in the
presence of strong AM broadcast stations, etc.  Just ask him!

Central States was great this year.  It is a very class act as Mike and
Kathy know and a great family outing every year.

http://www.csvhfs.org/

It is in Wichita next year.  Come on in, the water is fine!

73's
Bob and Shann
N4HY/N2HPE