Re: Topband: Waller Flag Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Waller Flag Antenna
From: W8FJ@aol.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 09:34:50 EDT

In a message dated 7/16/2007 10:01:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
wa4fki@nc.rr.com writes:

Hello  Top Banders,

I was surprised to see the recent article about the Waller  Flag Antenna.
Carlos' stations worked in the summer is quite impressive. Heck  I thought the
band was closed, maybe for some but guess not for Carlos. Maybe  it's being
close to the ocean and the salt water..

What is the secret  that Carlos has that he can hear this DX on Top Band and
the others have  reported working these stations. Pretty impressive for Summer
condition on 160  meters..

After reading Carlos' article and then going to his web site  an interesting
thought came to mind. How do you rotate a Beverage antenna?  Guess you drink
the beverage and rotate the BIG Waller Flag towards Africa....  hi  hi

73's
WA4FKI

Why is it that some people still think 160M is dead in  the summer ???

The DX is there year round !   There's just  more days with lots of QRN.  If
you give up on TopBand in the summertime,  you're missing out on some nice
surprises.

John,  W8FJ...