Topband: NEW ALL METAL WALLER FLAG FOR 160m 80m 40m small lots.GREAT RX

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: NEW ALL METAL WALLER FLAG FOR 160m 80m 40m small lots.GREAT RX ANTENNA
From: "n4is" <n4is@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 14:01:02 -0400
Hi Guys

I keep myself motivated during this summer. The activity has being very low
on Top Band but very good DX conditions.

Since I finished my Big Waller Flag last December, I worked 133 countries on
160m,  26 new ones (now at  # 168 wkd), almost the same number of worked
countries since 2000 from South Florida on 160m,

161       Apr-07               AH2L

162       Apr-07               N8S

163       Apr-07               ZL6QH

164       Apr-07               V73NS

165       May-07             OX/NA1SA

166       Jun-07               3B7SP

167       Jul-07                9Q1EK

168       Jul-07                A25OOK

This is a working in progress and a lot improve on this antenna. I'm just
learning how to work with Web files and I did an update on my site today.

Look at my NEW WALLER FLAG ALL METAL

www.n4is.com <http://www.n4is.com/>     >>  ALL METAL WALLER FLAG

It is simple to build using hardware from a 5 el 10m yagi. I used 26 ft boom
and isolated all elements to form the loops, the tips are connected using
#14 strained wire. I used TWINAX 100 ohms balanced line, no difference in
performance form the phasing line used before, two RG58 cable tied together
and with the shields soldered each end.

I did some tests using a horizontal WF with interesting results.

The band is fun however with a good RX antenna the QRN is not so bad. I hope
this new antenna motivate beverage-less guys like me.

73's

Carlos

N4IS