Topband: Earl SK

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Earl SK
From: Bruinier@t-online.de
Date: 03 May 2007 08:26 GMT
Hi Tom and all,
during the 1970 CQ 160 contest I worked W5RTQ on Jan-24 upon which I received a
long letter from Earl. He was enthused about his first EU QSO with only
homebrew 50w in his 75 ft T.L. vertical. In fact, I was his 2nd EU, the first
being G3RCB from W8DGP. He was aware of me flying over KL7FRY (Shemya) ever so
often on the run ANC-TYO, too, and continued about his future plans. If there
was a dyed-in-the-wool topbander, it certainly was Earl. It was with great
pleasure and interest that I followed his many publications and comments.
Typically, he invited me to his W5 QTH stating his phone number. But layovers
in Houston were too short to allow for a visit.
Earl's passing is a severe loss for our 160 community.
RIP Earl and BCNU in the multiverse!

Jan DL9KR (ex DL9KRA).