Re: Topband: DU9/N0NM......

To: "robert briggs" <vk3zl@bigpond.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DU9/N0NM......
From: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 23:13:49 -0700
From: "robert briggs" <vk3zl@bigpond.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2007 3:01 PM
Subject: Topband: DU9/N0NM......

> Thank you Jon for your kind remarks.
>
> John has shown the true spirit of Ham Radio these past few years.I have
> always admired his tenacity calling night after night for little
> reward.Frustrating for both Jon's and others for all their effort.I have
> had a grandstand view being able to always hear Jon calling and a miriad
> of stations calling back to him.
> 1.828.3 + 2 will be an empty space without you Jon.
>
> 73....Bob VK3ZL.

I agree, Bob. Most people faced with Jon's QRN situation would
have given up long ago. Even though I never made a QSO with
Jon from DU9, I will always remember the morning I woke up and
heard him coming in S9 at my old Pasadena, Ca rental QTH. I am
still kicking myself for not having a decent antenna up for I am
convinced that was the 6 sigma opening that would have enabled me
to overcome Jon's local QRN had I had a decent antenna. (the 80
meter inverted-vee at 25 feet didn't cut it :-)

We will be looking forward to hearing news of a VK3ZL to
K3QF topband QSO in the coming year.