Topband: Noise problems, please your help is needed

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Noise problems, please your help is needed
From: Eduardo Araujo <er_araujo@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:40:58 -0700 (PDT)
Many thanks for the answers so far, thank you very
much for your time !!!

Dick made me remember one point I forgot to mention
and also is not clear for me.
I have had, for all loops a clear directivity for DX
siganls 2 or 3 S units, which is suppose not to
happen.

Ron, Yes this could be my situation also with noise
cancellers and syncronus noise blanker, so, as
horizontal dipoles seems to capture less noise, I
wondered if, could it be possible to configure the
loops or the pennant for that polarization?

Gary, I also tried that coupling but depending on the
line lenght and braid supressors the unbalance was
high and coupling excessive giving the nulls sometimes
in the wrong plane.
I also tried the 4 turn electrostatic shielding but
being so small it was the worst in my situation.

Pete, Yes I live in an apartmet at 11 floor and the
antennas are at the roof 15 floor. Inverted V apex is
at a building corner at that level hanging to the
street level.
Interesting about noises coming not only from around
but below (the building)

I still wonder if I change polarization to horizantal
could help me.

Could any of you tell me if it is possible to change
the loop and or the pennant to horizontal
polarization? or what I am asking is nonsense...

Many thanks to all for your time and effort... Edy.-