Topband: Core for K9AY loop transformer

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Core for K9AY loop transformer
From: "RFD" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 15:46:15 -0230
After some encouragement from Eddy VE3CUI I am mobilizing to erect a K9AY loop.
  Just as soon as the meter of snow that is left in the back forty melts !
The 9:1 Transformer required is recommended to be wound on a 0.75 to 1.00 inch
toroid of type 43 material.    In looking on the FAIR RITE web page I see that
type 43 material is spec'd for freq range 25-300 Mhz.  So why use a material
for that range...what gives?...I guess its not all that critical.

Secondly is there anyone on the list with one of these toroids available?

I have been using a coax loop for about 5 years now and its time to move on!

73 Frank VO1HP
160M DXCC#1259
www.vo1hp.ca