Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 51, Issue 23

To: fdavis@nfld.net, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Digest, Vol 51, Issue 23
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 14:06:31 EDT

In a message dated 3/22/2007 1:33:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
fdavis@nfld.net writes:

I was on  160 this morning March 22 before SR and the band was completely
dead.  Called CQ a few times but nada.   Stayed around for  about 15 min
after SR ...not a signal heard from anywhere....I'll check it  out again
tomorrow.   Was hoping the VE3 spotlight might pass  over Eastern VO for a
few minutes!!

Frank  VO1HP

I suspect the band was better than it sounded thru the static crashes  (which
were stronger to my north than south in NJ) ..  Heard KV4FZ CQ'ing  and he
was at least as strong as ever if not a bid more.  People's ear  wimping out ??