Topband: How long for how heavy ? SWG (AWG) to kilogrammmes (Pounds)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: How long for how heavy ? SWG (AWG) to kilogrammmes (Pounds)
From: Ffive VHN <f5vhn@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 02:31:23 -0800 (PST)
Hello,

I'm trying to find the the calculation to convert weight in to length for
enammelled copper wire.
For example here in Europe wire is sold in reels of 500 grammes.

What I want to know is what length of wire will I get for this weight.

A second question, What would be the minimum wire gauge you would use for
radials on (or just under) the ground ?

Thanks

Robert F5VHN f5vhn@yahoo.com(no_spam)   delete the (no_spam) from my address.