Topband: Remote Radio Station for Lowband.

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Remote Radio Station for Lowband.
From: Rune Øye <la7tha@tussa.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:02:43 -0000
Hello all Topband freaks.

I am on an early stage whit a remote "Lowband" station.

My location here is not very good for NA, Pacific and JA. (Opening from 90 deg,
to 310 deg, and  "North" direction, mountain is about 3000 feet just behind the
house)

Myself and two other local radio amateurs have starting this project this
winter, and hope that during summer and fall we can have this "kind of" up and
running.

The Location for the remote station is close to sea, antenna for TX will be
installed about 20-30 meter from the sea level.

My question is, what should we do according to RX antenna?

>From what I now is that, Beverage antennas are not very good close to salt
>water.

Is there anyone out there that has some good advice?

Is a K9AY or EWE antenna an option?

All advice is thankful.

73 de Rune LA7THA
Regards