Re: Topband: Beverage question answered...

To: unclebudd@bellsouth.net, Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage question answered...
From: W2pm@aol.com
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 07:18:28 EST

In a message dated 2/21/2007 12:44:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
unclebudd@bellsouth.net writes:

Well the  overwhelming answer is to go against John's advice and run it
through the  woods. John D may have changed his thinking as some who have a
later
version  did not find that statement ( 2nd Edition, Chapter 7 para # 1.18
"Location of  the Beverage").

So that is my plan. I intend to use the Beverage  Match offered by ICE
through Radioware for my first to remove any  inconsistencies in the
installation.
With the knowledge that I can run them  through the woods I have the
opportunity to go in many directions. I will  start with one toward Europe for
the most
"bang for my buck".

Clint -  W5CPT

W2PM replies:

While I don't recall that in the original versions I can say I have never
seen any ON4UN text based on spurious anecdote - but rather his material has
always been scientific and based solidly on facts.  And, I'd add, somewhat
moreso than some other famous ham radio technical authors, including some
icons...
http://www.aol.com.