Topband: Yorba Linda Report

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Yorba Linda Report
From: "Rick D" <n6pe@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 07:32:56 -0800
Hello all,

This past weekend was amazing. Here at my powerful station I usually have a
10-15 min window to JA during the ARRL 160 and CQ 160. This weekend I was
hearing JAs from about 1200Z to past 1400Z.

It seemed liked there weren't many people working the contest, on most bands
there was 1 or 2 kHz between stations, but I picked up about 5 new ones on 160
(up to 49 worked). If there was more activity I think the left coast could have
worked a lot of Asian countries.

The new receiving loop worked VERY WELL with the JAs as loud on it as on the L.
It is a diamond loop attached to my wooden fence, between the 8 foot spaced
posts and top/bottom rails. It is fed at the bottom about 6" off the ground and
tuned to 160 with a trimmer. I also have a matching transformer and coax balun
on the feed line. The fence runs right toward 300-degrees. I have another
similar loop about 60 feet down the line I'm going to play with phasing.

Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-