Topband: 160M QSL's

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160M QSL's
From: "RFD" <fdavis@nfld.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:28:29 -0330
About half the credits I have rec'd for 160M DXCC #1259 came via LoTW.
Last spring (2006) I decided to go after long outstanding cards for past 160M
contacts.
On April 12 - 06  I mailed out  21 requests all with SAE and the necessary
greenstamps.

Here are the instances where there has been no reply.
1. IS0U  via IN3QBR
2. LZ9M via direct
3. PY7ZY via direct
4. EA6IB via direct
5. 4J5A via direct
6. EU1AB via direct
7. YR1A via YO3JR

Subsequent emails to all of these only netted one reply from EA6IB!....my card
is apparently coming via the bureau!

So thats a failure to reply rate of 30%.   Discouraging isn't it.  Its hard
enough to work one of these stations and you would hope that because its
TOPBAND and a direct request with greenstamp and envelope that a reply would be
forthcoming.

Several amateurs went out of their way to dig out old logs:
VE3MJ for VP2VA from 1986;   HH7PV from 1986;  Dick VE1AL/1 (Sable Isl.) from
1980!

See my web page www.vo1hp.ca    160M INFO for a story on how UA9SHP sent me his
card!

See you in the pileups.