Topband: 160 TVI cured

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 TVI cured
From: "Rick D" <n6pe@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:14:06 -0800
I have DirecTV and last week my old VCR died. I took it out and used the
S-Video cable on the satellite box. During the contest 100 watts made the TV
unwatchable and I couldn't hear anyone over the screaming XYL. With the amp on,
the TV picture looked like a blinding snow storm.

Removing the s-video cable and just running the yellow, red, white video.audio
to the TV cured the problem COMPLETELY, even with the amp toasting the ceiling.

I haven't checked the cable to see if it has a bad shield or needs a choke, but
the extra picture quality is of no significance to me hahaha

Rick Darwicki  -= N6PE =-
17775 Elmhurst Circle
Yorba Linda, CA 92886

http://www.stores.ebay.com/n6peradiotubes