Re: Topband: 160 meter Jamming and OTHR

To: "Michael Tope" <W4EF@dellroy.com>, "wa4fki" <wa4fki@nc.rr.com>,<topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160 meter Jamming and OTHR
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 11:45:50 -0500
On 20th January Mike wrote...

> Has anyone tried contacting Scot Red, K0DQ. He is a contester, a retired
admiral in the U.S. Navy, and has had some fairly high positions within the
Bush 43 administration. It be interesting to see what his take is on this
situation with the BY radar.

***********************************
Is this thing singling-out the Amateur Radio bands ONLY with its odious
presence...?

I can hardly believe that other services --- be they commercial, government,
or otherwise --- aren't being adversely affected, too. What might the
owner/operators of THOSE stations be doing to help eliminate this issue...?

Also, is mainland China not a signatory party to the ITU...? Surely it must
be --- so why can't international pressure from other member countries be
brought to bear upon them through that route...?

I don't fully understand the politics of it all, but the inclusion of that
word alone --- politics --- speaks volumes in & of itself, I'm afraid...

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ