Re: Topband: 160m Jammer

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Jammer
From: <k4zw@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:01:16 -0800
> I noticed that JT1ZW was listening on 1930 yesterday. Is the jamming just as
> >bad above 1900 ?

  The signal covers the entire band and then some.  I'll try to make a
recording if CO has a cable to connect the headphone jack to the sound card.
There are a couple of spots above 1900 kHz where the signal strength is lower.
Thankfully it didn't change much so I didn't have to keep moving rx freqs.
  The other big factor in my ability to work you guys that evening (WB9Z and
west), is that you were coming via direct path and that beverage does a great
job of nulling the noise off the backside.  The southeast beverage looks right
down the barrel of that thing and it's not a pretty sight.  Even working Europe
is very difficult.
  I should be QRV again this evening.  I spent last night in UB.  JT1BV took me
out for my birthday.

73
Ken JT1ZW