Topband: ARRL160 stories

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: ARRL160 stories
From: "K9AY" <k9ay@k9ay.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 09:29:16 -0600
Fellow Topbanders,

I will be doing the QST writeup for the 2006 ARRL 160M contest. Ford, N0FP,
has been doing a fine job, but he's ready to hand it over -- he's a CPA and
the publishing deadlines are in the middle of tax season!

Although "facts and figures" are the main part of the story, there is always
some room for notes of special interest -- so I have started to collect
stories about hams who participated with makeshift antennas or under unusual
circumstances, just so they could get on 160 and be part of this fun
contest.

Are you one of those guys or gals? Send me a short summary of your special
effort to get on the air for this contest. I'll use as many stories as I
can, but there's probably just room for a few good ones in QST. Will get
more of them into the Web Report.

Thanks & 73,
Gary, K9AY
k9ay@k9ay.com