Topband: 3505 Intruder

To: "160meter" <160m@mailman.qth.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 3505 Intruder
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:51:56 -0500
This is a bit off 160 meters, but there is a Spanish AM
broadcast on 3505 that is ENE of me and SW of the upper east
coast stations. The ending 5 indicates it is probably a
shortwave broadcast mix.

I tried to find an audio match on shortwave but never did.

At 1230Z, which is the time VOA is scheduled to stop Spanish
broadcasts from Greenville, the broadcast stopped.

If anyone can match it to SW broadcast audio let me know off
reflector!

VOA has had some mixing spurs in other bands, or this could
be a Ma and Pa SW broadcaster but it is definitely ENE of me
and fairly close (south east USA).