Topband: Eleminating potential RF interferences on a K9AY

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Eleminating potential RF interferences on a K9AY
From: kurt-erich.finger@arcor.de
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:54:36 +0100 (CET)
I built a K9AY with Vactrols, pre-amp, seperate line for the voltage for the
relays and a binocular type transformer (thanks for the idea Tom, W8JI).Since I
only get a decent F/B ratio in the MW band (only here switching of direction
works) I plan to rewire everything. Since  the RG58 (a gift from a friend)
works as an antenna, I plan to replace it by Aircell5.The supply cable will be
replaced by a CAT5e. (the recommendation from Jim,K9YC in "Understanding and
solving RF interference andnoise problems", excellent article). From his paper
I understand hat every cable is also an antenna. My question: should I add
ferrites (mix 31) to all cables going into the relay box? ground, the CAT5e
cable? , if necessary the feedline?  I would like to do it once and do it
correctly. In the US I would now where to get the 31 ferrites, but here in
Europe it can be tough. I could possibly order in the states but due to high
shipping costs i would prefer to only do it once.
cheers,

Kurt-Erich
Is this the right forum for that question or would the yahoo K9AY group more
appropriate?
An other questeion just came into my mind: as a pole for the K9AY I used the
large tree. So the loop is almost hidden in the branches. Can thet cause
problems?

Viel oder wenig? Schnell oder langsam? Unbegrenzt surfen + telefonieren
ohne Zeit- und Volumenbegrenzung? DAS TOP ANGEBOT JETZT bei Arcor: günstig
und schnell mit DSL - das All-Inclusive-Paket für clevere Doppel-Sparer,
nur  44,85 ?  inkl. DSL- und ISDN-Grundgebühr!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/emf-dsl-2