Re: Topband: MFJ 1025

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: MFJ 1025
From: Alex <extraham@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:20:53 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
>The preamp on the 1026 btw is NOT useful for this purpose  as
>it's hard wired to the internal whip on that model.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I use the MFJ-1026 and the pre-amp works
well on the external sense antenna. I did remove the internal whip though as
it's virtually useless in my situation.

My sense antenna is mainly a 40m full size loop at 20-some feet, but could use
any of the other antennas I have of course. The loop seems to do an excellent
job in receiving noise from virtually every direction, though.

73,
--Alex KR1ST
http://www.kr1st.com