Re: Topband: Stew Perry Thank-you

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Perry Thank-you
From: topband-bounces@contesting.com (by way of Bill Tippett<btippett@alum.mit.edu>)
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 12:28:56 -0500
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:26:58 +0000
From: "Louis Anciaux" <hp3xug@gmail.com>

Nice Comments re the Stew.  I heartily agree with them, as
experienced many patient souls this, my 1st experience w/ SP,  in the
horrible condx we had.  1 or 2 Q's per hour, then 05-0630Z about best
could hope for before crashed.  Up 1.5 hrs prior SR and just 2 Q's
again.  Most of these, took an inordinate amount of time - like
10-15+ mins in some cases, once they got part of me!  Unlike the
previous 2 Tests where called S9+10 or more stns over hours
(literally) and best could get was a G?, or simply QRZ.  Obviously
this Test showed the best of true Ham Operations, that haven't seen
so universally applied.  Only a couple of Dodos in this one fortunately.

A few that stood out in particular:

N4TB tried in vain just after got on 2320Z.  Kept at it for quite a
while, but just wasn't good enough for.  Mny tnx to him for the many attempts.

N6TR, was just Q4 avg copy (even though S9), and seemed he was full
copy of my peanut - very nice Q, w/ 73 and directed name comment.

W4AN was amazingly steady sigs in both the eve and next AM.  Not the
loudest, but very excellent Q5 and quite consistent.

SN2B was a supurb quick QSO, with sigs up/dwn in QRN, thrill to
complete, and GM3POI also fell into this same category.  LY2IJ stayed
with the 4 or 5 QSB falls, and we managed a decent complete exchange,
even with loong sig losses.

UA2FF was amazing in his copy of me, very quick and nice exchange.

WJ9B and  K1LT were back-back and nice, neat exchanges.

In my AM, KU1CW worked hard to get me, as did W4SAA.  N2IC must take
the honors of trying the longest, as it took us over 15 mins to get
the exchanges across!

The Dodos we can talk about over a cool one at some event later.

Very Merry New Year to all, and may your QSO prosperity grow above
expectations this coming year.
Vy 73 Louis