Topband: FT 1000MP Spurs

To: "Top Band List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: FT 1000MP Spurs
From: "George Cutsogeorge" <w2vjn@rosenet.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 15:32:06 -0800
While operating on 1815.00 with my FT 1000 MP MV Field this morning, N6TR
called to tell me he heard a spur on my signal.  I checked it out on my
spectrum analyzer and it surely is there.  When transmitting on 1815.00
there are spurs at +/-750 Hz which are only down 54 dB.  When the carrier is
anywhere between 1814.35 and 1815.35 the spurs are above my analyzer noise
level at -90 dB.  I could not find any other spurs with a quick survey, but
there may very well be others in the 160 meter band.

Note that I changed radios and this FT1000D is clean around 1815 kHz.

George, W2VJN