Topband: strange conditions are normal

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: strange conditions are normal
From: df2py@t-online.de (Dr .Wolf Ostwald)
Date: 30 Dec 2006 10:04 GMT
Hi reflectees !
The reported "strange conditions" are perfectly fitting into the picture that
most of us "non-geophysicists" have.
Its almost impossible to do a reliable forecast for longer distances.A and K
indexes are nice to have, but very often they are not worth the paper they are
printed on. Whether we apply a more Newtonian way of looking at it or go for
Einsteins view, we must simply surrender to the multitude of factors and their
fast dynamic change over space and time. I dont want to get into all the fine
details that may be involved, the bottom line is: first do all Your homework on
the rig according to the laws of physics, second You gotta be there when it
happens. And if all of this doesn`t help, well then dont worry, we all had that
before.
happy new year to everybody !  de wolf  df2py