Topband: Core Mix Revisited

To: Top Band <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Core Mix Revisited
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:15:01 -0600
First, thanks to all who sent replies about my question on Toroid
Core mix. The most definitive response was from W8JI who said
unequivocally NOT # 43 mix,  and recommended # 73. Please, I would
like to approach this from a different direction. So:

Let's assume we have four toroids of the same physical size, and
there is one each of # 31, 43, 73, and 77 mix. Each is wound to
isolate the coax, and each has a 5 turn primary and a 15 turn
secondary. How does the performance of each differ and why?

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/