Topband: Conditions Last Night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Conditions Last Night
From: PaulKB8N@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:42:26 EST
Last night I got back from my music gig at about 0645Z.  As I tuned  the band
I thought I heard a loud signal calling DF2PY.  I soon realized it  was
DF2PY, pounding in at a solid 599 calling CQ with no takers!   Wolf's great
ears
pulled my puny signal out of the noise and we had a brief  QSO.  Armed with a
bit of confidence, I called a slow CQ, worked a  stateside station, and got a
call from G3PQA!  John was a solid S-5, but  peaked to S-7 before we ended the
QSO.  First time ever that I was called  by a European station on 160M!

I use an Omni Six at 80W to a 200' CF Zepp at about 28', so when  I even
hear, much less work Europe, the band is good!

Paul, K5AF