Re: Topband: Loud and local antenna (oliver steiner)

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Loud and local antenna (oliver steiner)
From: M0VEY@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 06:37:34 EST

>Dear Topbanders,

>I would like to put up an antenna for a  strong signal
>in about a 1000 mile radius, rather than one  for
>dxing.  My preference would be for one that  functions
>well with few or no radials.  A half wave  dipole
>springs instantly to mind, but I haven't the space  for
>it.  What do you think of a 3/8 wire fed against a one
>or  two wire counterpoise?  I like the 3/8 wire idea
>because it places  the high current in the clear, at
>about 65 feet from the feedpoint.....or  do you think
>an inverted U style dipole or loaded dipole would  be
>better?  Any suggestions for a 160 ragchew antenna on
>a  city lot will be gratefully received.

>Many thanks and  73,
>Ollie W2QXR

Hi Ollie,
            I  use a homebrew Helical for Topband. It's great within 1000
miles &  beyond. Only takes up 60' of room in my garden. Click on the links
below
for  more info.

_Click here: M0VEY  Phil_
(http://hometown.aol.com/m0vey/myhomepage/index.html)

_Click here:  topband-helical : Topband Homebrew Helical_
(http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/topband-helical/)

On link below on my friend Andys website, click on  antenna design.

_Click here: Welcome to G7LRR  Amateur Radio Site_ (http://www.pcsystems-
ss.co.uk/g7lrrweb/)

Regards,
              Phil.     m0vey.