Topband: opening to JA & VK6

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: opening to JA & VK6
From: Wolfgang Wessely <Wessely@asamnet.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:59:33 +0100
Hi around,
last Monday (17th) between 20z-22:20z,  I had an 160m-opening to Japan
(wkd JA1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 0), brought 20+ stations in the log. Sigs
growed up to S8/9, most stations were around S5/6, some near the
noise-level with fast QSB. Got last calls from there around 30 min after
their sunrise.

Otherwise VK6HD called in at his sunrise 2029z - wkd him a few minutes
later on 80, too.
BTW, YI9KT was weak, but workable.
And DU9/N0NM tried around 20:30z for a while, but no European came
through over his high noise-level that time.

Was listening with a short (fast-built) beverage that evening, QTF
~40deg, only around 80m long.
VU7 did not show up, I was waiting for...

Regards and GL on topband,
Wolfgang - DJ3TF