Topband: PNW: Drop in noise level

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: PNW: Drop in noise level
From: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 19:41:28 -0800 (PST)
perhaps many have heard about the windstorm here in the Seattle area -- about 1
million utility customers don't have power in the Seattle area, mostly in the
King County area. I'm one of the powerless customers, but am running a
generator sporadically.

  On 160m, the noise levels have gone down dramatically (S0 vs. S3-5); it's
interesting hearing folks from the east coast barely above the noise. Perhaps
later it'll be possible to hear some EU stations. There are some estimates of
the power being off for DAYS (especially where we are).

  Brian N9ADG