Re: Topband: General Conditions

To: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: General Conditions
From: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 19:12:28 -0700
At 05:23 PM 12/12/06 -0500, EP Swynar wrote:
>Good Day All,
>
>I thought that the seemingly continuous stretch of poor conditions on the
band this year were a product of my imagination & impatience...until I took
a look at my log book for this same time period from a short year ago.

>The difference is like black & white. I had occasions last December &
November when I would easily work a half dozen, & more, European & South
American stations nightly, on a regular basis --- this year, I'm lucky if I
can even HEAR half that number on any given evening!

>I thought things would have dramatically improved on 160 as we approached
the bottom of the solar cycle...

>Is it just me, or are others of the same opinion re. the shape of things
on Topband...?

Eddy,
Yes things are not as good as last year on the Left Coast.  I was really
pumped up to some good Eu openings but I have only heard DF2PY once.  BUT
worked 5A7A and the R1FJT for new ones....
73 N7RT