Topband: KH8Q and band condx

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: KH8Q and band condx
From: Larry Molitor <w7iuv@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 07:12:42 -0800 (PST)
This morning the nearly 40 year quest to put KH8 in the topband log ended. You
would think it would be easy from the west coast, but every previous operation
from KH8 has been during a period when my 160 antenna was down or the operation
was unable to produce enough signal for me to hear.

They were 559 this morning for the most part with lots of QSB. They seemed to
have trouble hearing most of the callers and the callers had trouble hearing
them.

In spite of being severely crippled by lack of any east side Beverages this
season, I have managed to put three new ones in the log. With only a EWE for
RX, R1FJT was a gift from heaven. TZ6MF was due to the Voodoo Dudes going the
extra mile on 160 this year. Tnx Mike!! That was only the second AF station I
have been able to work since moving to WA.

>From this central WA QTH it has been proven impossible to work into the Indian
>Ocean and zones 16,17, and nearly impossible to work the African continent. My
>goal of reaching 200 entities worked all time on 160 during this cycle is not
>going to be achieved. There are just not enough possibilities left in "range".
>I guess I can hope for a few miracles!

73, Larry

Larry - W7IUV
DN07dg - central WA