Topband: Quick opening to zone 20

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Quick opening to zone 20
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 06:32:22 -0800
The band has been very poor most nights here.  However, for a brief period
last night, the RF gods decided to let some 160 meter signals through from
zone 20.  SV3RF was "out of nowhere" and gave me a 579.  He was peaking
close to that after I worked him.

LZ2JE was also coming through - not quite as well.  I called him, and I
think he thought I was W7LR as he gave me a 559.  I never did hear him
send my call - and the brief opening was fading.  DF2PY was also heard
during this short opening.

It occured basically from 0615 until 0630ish.  The path was skewed -
best on the 70 degree beverage.

I have now had openings to SV3RF at least once a month - going back to our
first QSO this season on October 1st.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net