Re: Topband: ARRL 160M Contest

To: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>,"'Top Band'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL 160M Contest
From: "Milt - N5IA" <n5ia@zia-connection.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 07:06:09 -0700
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
To: "'Top Band'" <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, December 01, 2006 8:29 AM

> I've had several responses to my WAS comment in the contest announcement
> posting.  Several claim it to be "easy" to work a Worked All States.

GM Ford and all the other diehards.

At 1341z N0UD called me from ND for state # 50.  WAS in 15 hours and 41
minutes from Southeast AZ in DM52.

I have 6 Sections to go for the sweep.  It will have to wait until the 2nd
night as sunup here in just 10 minutes away.

The night is about three hours total shorter here close to the Mexican
border than ir is along the northern tier of states.  So off to bed in
another 30 minutes or so.

The highlight of this night was being called by JT1CO.

CU all on THE band tonight.

Milt, N5IA  -- Operator at N7GP

PS:  Just as I was going to send this message, W0ZTL called in for the 2nd
ND in the log.