Topband: EWE antenna DL8LAS

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: EWE antenna DL8LAS
From: "DL8LAS" <dl8las@ki.tng.de>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 10:40:36 +0100
Hi topbanders,
I built an EWE  antenna yesterday evening for the ARRL Contest with direction
300 degrees.
My other receive antennas are magnetic loop ama7    3,40m  ,
low dipole and snake antenna.
This morning I called cq and many NA stations coming back only heard
with the EWE . Nothing on Loop and Dipole because to much QRN and noise.
What a simple but good antenna for receiving on topband.
The noise is = 0,
The ewe is 4,70m in vertical Part   and 10m horizontal part
R = 820 Ohm    and 1:9 Balun at feeding point!
I will test with a longer horizontal part after arrl contest!
Hope to work you in the arrl contest

greetings from DL

Andy   DR5X/DL8LAS

www.dl8las.de